Sunday, March 16, 2014

It all started at the library....

Just about a week ago, I picked up a book from the library that I had put on my hold list some time ago.  I had actually forgotten about placing it on hold, and I can't remember at all where I heard about the book and was interested enough to want to borrow it.  The book is "The Calorie Myth" by Jonathan Bailor.  When I got the book, I figured it was just another diet and I might skim through it, then return it and soon forget everything it recommended.  I figured WRONG.

I started reading bits and pieces of the first few pages and was immediately intrigued.  This wasn't just some random individual's personal journey to weight loss that chronicled what worked for him/her.  This was a book filled with scientific information that proved that most of what we know about weight loss is completely wrong!  I know you don't know me at all, but I am a very logic-minded person, and when I am presented with interesting information with facts and reason, I am much more attentive.  I ended up devouring this book in one evening, even going so far as to take notes.  I was fascinated!

Friday morning, I decided that I was going to start the process of moving toward this lifestyle, slowly moving away from starches and sugars and focusing on making better, healthier choices.  I found that it was actually easier than I anticipated!  Since last Friday, I have only had a few small bites of any sweet treats, I have eaten lots of lean protein and delicious vegetables, and I have NOT been hungry!  It's been an amazing week!

I have been looking online for blogs that outline eating SANE foods, but there isn't much out there.  I do thoroughly enjoy Carrie Brown's blog, Marmalade and Mileposts, as she has developed some wonderful recipes that are helping me a lot, but there are few other blogs out there that discuss SANEity.  So I decided to start my own blog.  Hopefully others will find it and perhaps we can share information and stories, swap recipes, and help each other with struggles.

I hope you will join me in "Being SANE," and leave me lots of comments.  I am excited to share this new and exciting change in my life with others who understand and share my desire to become happier, healthier, and just better!  I know I am a work in progress, with LOTS of room for improvement. I'm taking steps every day - sometimes backwards, but always moving.  And now I'm looking forward to the future...and being SANE!

Janelle


No comments:

Post a Comment